ADINKRA AS CATALYSTS IN THE RECONFIGURATION OF THE SELF


If I took the pains to internalise these symbols, dwelling daily on them, inviting their dark power into myself, letting them infuse me,mind, body and spirit, energising the cells of my brain, impregnating me with the vistas of cognitive possibilities within the living centre of abstract forms, could I not then, one fateful day, or by degrees, by slow maturation, by infinitesimal degrees of fermentation, become Tzinacan, who, in his prison as described by Borges,

as I am now imprisoned within the dimensions of my human finitude, within its circumscription of knowledge, a circumscription imposed by the confinement of my body and the limitations of my self and mind through the iron imperatives of time and space,

into the walls ofTzinacan's mind, walls within which we all live within regardless of the individual capaciousness of those walls, but walls, nevertheless,

into the walls of his mind broke the script which Qaholom wrote on the first day of Creation, a single sentence that penetrates all corners of the cosmos,

so that, I would step forth from this prison, this cocoon that has made me possible but from which I must emerge as the butterfly emerges from from its birth wrappings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ADINKRA COMMUNITY

SPECULATIVE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN ADINKRA SYMBOLISM AND FULANI COSMOGONY

THE MATHEMATICAL SYMMETRIES OF ADINKRA AS MENTAL VEHICLES FOR THE EXPLORATION OF THE UNKNOWN