ADINKRA AS FACILITATING TRANSGRESSION OF CONVENTIONAL MODES OF BEING IN THE WORLD


How does one mediate between the forces within one that impel one towards the transgression of the boundaries of the mind established in our climb from primeval beginnings to the present, walls erected by the present understanding of what we need to move about from one day to another

too much knowledge of reality might make even crossing the street difficult

forces that provoke the compulsion to enter into realms of being where knowledge is not simply a knowledge about but a knowledge in, where one participates in modes of being unsuspected by or only known about distantly by most humans

and the forces emerging from the need to share in the society created by my fellow humans?

Am I succeeding in sustaining the equilibrium between the present configurations of my mind, constructed by decades of feeding on knowledge about, as I enter into participating in a world where nonhuman forms and I occupy the same world, where trees are not just living forms but repositories of knowledge, transformers of energy, where I encounter the intersection of the human mind and mind in nature?

Will the walls of the split open, the membrane broken?

Or will they hold as I move within the world of my fellow humans,one of them, but different from them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ADINKRA COMMUNITY

SPECULATIVE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN ADINKRA SYMBOLISM AND FULANI COSMOGONY

THE MATHEMATICAL SYMMETRIES OF ADINKRA AS MENTAL VEHICLES FOR THE EXPLORATION OF THE UNKNOWN